Welcome to our new online book club community, run by entrepreneurs and for entrepreneurs and business people.
Our group meets once a month on Zoom to discuss, debate, share ideas, learn from each other and have a bit of fun along the way.
Welcome from Gemma
Would you love to read more but seem to have no time and ‘the pile’ just gets higher?
Is it something that you’ve never really enjoyed before? Are you more of a video or TedX or online articles person?
Or perhaps you are a total book worm and you would enjoy discussing books with others?
Whatever your reason, you are welcome, and it is a great opportunity to meet fellow readers and to open your mind to new ideas.
Books can provide you and your business with inspiration and ideas.
Why join a book club?
- Connect with other entrepreneurs online who have similar goals like personal, professional, or business growth.
- Keep your reading accountability. Start to read more in 2020 and be amazed at the results!
- Every meeting is facilitated to foster participation, activity, and support healthy group discussions.
- Network and connect with people who share your curiosity and wish to learn.
What are the benefits of reading?
- Helps us to formulate new ideas and plans.
- Open us to new ideas that we otherwise might not have explored or considered.
- Helps us to deal with different situations and to fit information together.
- To develop our mental strength.
- To reduce stress and anxiety.
- To understand other people and perspectives.
- To upskill and learn new concepts.
- To challenge the way we think overall (but try to avoid confirmation bias!).
- To help us understand ourselves and our behaviours.
- To learn from the past and to grow faster by building on the insights of others.
A few final details…
The spaces in the book club are currently limited and attendance is free of charge for the initial trial sessions.
After this, a monthly subscription will apply.
Dates and time TBC for the first get-together in September 2020.
Book Club will happen in the evening after 6pm.
The first book title will be shared with the registered attendees in mid-August.
There will be one month to read each book and this will be considered as part of the book choice.
Any attendees will need to have a LinkedIn profile to join the LinkedIn community group.
If you have any questions about the club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sourcing the books
In 2020 there are so many ways to find books that the mind boggles!
If you are unsure of your options, here are a few ideas.
There are many more we are sure, and we encourage sourcing from verifiable sources. Authors deserve to be paid for their work!