What is the difference between event management and event project management?
It’s all about connecting the dots.
Event management is about the individual dots or tasks.
Project management asks which dots we need, connects them and notices any gaps.
Project management coordinates everything and everyone to achieve specific goals, for a specific event, by a specific time.
Why does event project management matter?
Which sounds better?
1. Stressful and unfocused with an overwhelming to do list.
2. Well organised, positive and ticking everyone’s boxes.
It’s a no-brainer.
What can Freestyle do for you?
Excellent project management can make all the difference.
Freestyle Events have a proven track record and a flair for helping our clients to find focus,
create an action plan and achieve their goals in a simple, no-fuss way.
We treat every event like a business to help you balance time, cost, quality and scope.
- Initial event review or audit
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and behaviour
- An understanding of the required and available resources
- Critical thinking skills
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Focus and commitment
- Leadership and decisiveness
- Clear communication
- Setting deadlines and milestones
- Setting goals and defining stakeholder needs
- Creating and defining a strategy
- Budgeting and financial skills
- Ability to create and implement a plan
- Risk assessment and contingency planning
- Monitoring and adapting to changing conditions